Our current major projects or initiatives:
T-MG Foundation Fund Action Planning Initiative
- The goal of this multi-month project is to accomplish a long-term strategic plan for our foundation and our community. Professional facilitators from the Nebraska Community Foundation lead our Fund Advisory Committee over many hours of meetings. The process stimulated exciting discussion that empowered our T-MG Fund Advisory Committee.
- Community input was incorporated into our Action Plan. This input was gained from formal roundtable discussions during our Vision by Way of Leadership Seminar and door-to-door surveys completed during our Tilden Downtown Infrastructure Study’s development.
- Completion of our Action Planning process qualifies our T-MG Foundation Fund to compete for $250,000 and $500,000 matching fund grants from the Nebraska Community Foundation. These grants are funded by Susan Buffett’s Sherwood Foundation and the Peter Kiewit Foundation.
- As a result of our Action Planning project, we will now prioritize the building of a substantial Unrestricted Endowment. Such a fund will create a long term solid financial base. This financial base will allow us to grant substantial funds annually for worthy projects such as leadership development and economic development.
- The emphasis on the Tilden-Meadow Grove Community Foundation Fund Unrestricted Endowment provides the opportunity for local philanthropists of all kinds to give a gift “That Keeps on Giving” to their community. Our Non-profit Charitable Trust status allows donors to give in many flexible tax advantaged ways. The Nebraska Community Foundation's management of their endowment funds has a long history of excellent investment returns.
- Our goals are to build our Endowment Fund to $500,000 in three years, to $2,000,000 in 10 years, and to $5,000,000 in 20 years.
T-MG Community Foundation Fund "Citizen Scholarship"
- This is a scholarship for an Elkhorn Valley Schools graduating senior.
- This scholarship rewards the recipient for outstanding community service work and their vision for the need for community volunteerism and service.
- The competitive scholarship winner is chosen by the staff of Elkhorn Valley Schools, based on criteria established by the T-MG Foundation. This scholarship will be awarded annually for the long term.